• Welcome to Pet Natter! We'd love for you to be part of our community of helpful and friendly pet lovers. Click here to register now. It's really quick and easy.

The forum is a welcoming place for everyone, whether you're a pet expert or a complete newbie. So jump right in and say hello, ask a question, or offer some advice.

We hope you enjoy being part of Pet Natter. Join now.

Wild birds you can adopt?

JPacker

Reaction score
Are there any wild birds that you can adopt as a pet? I know a lot of wild birds can't be had as pets, but are there any that can be had as pets and are fairly safe to have as pets? I think it'd be cool to have a pet bald eagle, but would never as I imagine that's illegal.

If you can adopt certain wild birds, which ones can you?

Jake

Reaction score
Well you can adopt a baby falcon or eagle.
That is not true. You have to be a professional to have any of those birds as pets, especially with eagles, as they're on the endangered species list. You also need special licensing to even own a wild bird like eagles and falcons. Not sure about falcons, but I'm sure it's the same story there.

Willy_Meow

Reaction score
That is not true. You have to be a professional to have any of those birds as pets, especially with eagles, as they're on the endangered species list. You also need special licensing to even own a wild bird like eagles and falcons. Not sure about falcons, but I'm sure it's the same story there.
Well said!

juliet799

Reaction score
I prefer to attract small wild birds to my yard. I like to see the birds as close as possible, a window bird feeder house by Nature Hangout with a sliding feed tray got my vote. It easy to clean and fill as the bird tray slides out. That great to see tiny colorful birds dropping by during the day at my house.