• Welcome to Pet Natter! We'd love for you to be part of our community of helpful and friendly pet lovers. Click here to register now. It's really quick and easy.

The forum is a welcoming place for everyone, whether you're a pet expert or a complete newbie. So jump right in and say hello, ask a question, or offer some advice.

We hope you enjoy being part of Pet Natter. Join now.

Which bird can i pair with a loverbird?

DannyBoy

Reaction score
Just wondering whether i can pair a Loverbird with an African grey.

Has anyone tried pairing his or her parrot with any other species?

Tillybobs

Reaction score
it is not a good idea to keep them in the same cage. Consider having a separate cage for each. You can keep the cages close to each other so that they can interact across grills.

Woofer

Reaction score
Consider designing a cage that has a partition in the middle. That way, they will stay in separate sections buy they can have a chance to mingle across the partition.

DannyBoy

Reaction score
it is not a good idea to keep them in the same cage. Consider having a separate cage for each. You can keep the cages close to each other so that they can interact across grills.
Consider designing a cage that has a partition in the middle. That way, they will stay in separate sections buy they can have a chance to mingle across the partition.
Thanks. I guess partitioning is the way to go.

Walkies

Reaction score
The size difference alone should tell you this is not a good idea. Greys are very large in comparison and fairly strong. They can easily harm a smaller bird, even by accident. They tend to be very territorial as well and will not tolerate other grays much less other bird species. Get a pair of love birds if you want birds to be together.