• Welcome to Pet Natter! We'd love for you to be part of our community of helpful and friendly pet lovers. Click here to register now. It's really quick and easy.

The forum is a welcoming place for everyone, whether you're a pet expert or a complete newbie. So jump right in and say hello, ask a question, or offer some advice.

We hope you enjoy being part of Pet Natter. Join now.

What's the biggest bird you can adopt as a pet?

Alex001

Reaction score
I only know of smaller birds that you can adopt. But, what are some birds that are of bigger size, that you can adopt as a pet? I imagine big birds can't be adopted, unless you have a special certificate or something. I know bird wranglers aren't necessarily pet owners when it comes to their birds, but I think they moreso, own zoos and stuff. Because I can't imagine big birds living in peoples homes. But, I'm probably wrong.

JPacker

Reaction score
I heard that the Macaw is usually one of the biggest birds you can have as a pet. I don't know if you can adopt most other big birds, as those may pose a problem. Wild birds are usually tough to take care of anyway. So idk if I would get anything too big.