• Welcome to Pet Natter! We'd love for you to be part of our community of helpful and friendly pet lovers. Click here to register now. It's really quick and easy.

The forum is a welcoming place for everyone, whether you're a pet expert or a complete newbie. So jump right in and say hello, ask a question, or offer some advice.

We hope you enjoy being part of Pet Natter. Join now.

What kinds of toys does your dog like?

WelshSteve

Reaction score
We have a bin filled with toys and our dog rarely plays with any of them. He seems to only like this wooly lamb squeak toy my wife got him when he was a puppy. The thing is old, ripped, and smells awful. We keep trying to replace it but he doesn't seem to keen on anything else.

What kinds of toys does your dog like the most?

Walkies

Reaction score
My boys love rope toys. They have always enjoyed them since they were puppies. While they do play with other toys, they tend to enjoy those the most so I get them new ones every few months to replace the older ones. Maybe the scent of that toy is what keeps him keen on it. Has it been washed?

WelshSteve

Reaction score
My boys love rope toys. They have always enjoyed them since they were puppies. While they do play with other toys, they tend to enjoy those the most so I get them new ones every few months to replace the older ones. Maybe the scent of that toy is what keeps him keen on it. Has it been washed?
Rope toys seem to be a favorite among larger breeds but I don't often see smaller breeds too interested. I did try one but he doesn't really care for it. Maybe I should try a different style.

Willy_Meow

Reaction score
I don't have one myself but my friend's dog likes toy bone and rubber ball.

Walkies

Reaction score
Rope toys seem to be a favorite among larger breeds but I don't often see smaller breeds too interested. I did try one but he doesn't really care for it. Maybe I should try a different style.
Yeah I would. There are so many options these days. I find that mine actually prefer bigger, thicker rope toys as well vs the ones that are actually made for smaller doggies.