• Welcome to Pet Natter! We'd love for you to be part of our community of helpful and friendly pet lovers. Click here to register now. It's really quick and easy.

The forum is a welcoming place for everyone, whether you're a pet expert or a complete newbie. So jump right in and say hello, ask a question, or offer some advice.

We hope you enjoy being part of Pet Natter. Join now.

What is considered the easiest amphibian to care for?

Jacob

Reaction score
I am looking into some options for myself. I have wanted to get something for a while not but I had to wait until I moved since my landlord had a strict no animal policy, no exceptions. Now that I am in a new place, I am able to keep small pets like frogs, birds, fish, and so on. I want to see what my options are for amphibians because I typically prefer them over reptiles. What is a good one for a beginner that is easy to care for?

Jacob

Reaction score
Easy doesn't really come to mind with amphibians but for a beginner, I would recommend White's Dumpy Tree Frogs. They are very hardy and typically low maintenance. They are also rather cute for frogs:
View attachment 5

Here is a care sheet guide you can look over: https://www.thesprucepets.com/whites-tree-frog-1236816
Ah, I forgot about these frogs! I have seen them before in some videos and was interested a few years ago. I will have to see how much they cost and what the care entails. Thanks!

Kent1970

Reaction score
Ah, I forgot about these frogs! I have seen them before in some videos and was interested a few years ago. I will have to see how much they cost and what the care entails. Thanks!
They are fairly easy to care for believe it or not and a lot of people have successfully bonded with them enough to where they will allow you to hold them. They make wonderful pets.

Karen

Reaction score
What can I give my tree frogs and fire bellies for little tiny white worms?