• Welcome to Pet Natter! We'd love for you to be part of our community of helpful and friendly pet lovers. Click here to register now. It's really quick and easy.

The forum is a welcoming place for everyone, whether you're a pet expert or a complete newbie. So jump right in and say hello, ask a question, or offer some advice.

We hope you enjoy being part of Pet Natter. Join now.

What causes a dog to puke after they eat?

Walkies

Reaction score
I took one of my dogs into the vet just the other day to see what was going on. Had some testing done and he is in perfect health. The vet is not sure what is going on with him. He seems to puke at least once a day and it is after one of his meals. He eats three times a day. The vet recommended going down to 2 meals a day to see if that helps. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Woofer

Reaction score
Unless it is very persistent, it is normal for a dog to throw up. It usually occurs when s/he has eaten a lot of food too fast or when the food is new or doesn't agree with the dog's digestive system.

Blubblub

Reaction score
Unless it is very persistent, it is normal for a dog to throw up. It usually occurs when s/he has eaten a lot of food too fast or when the food is new or doesn't agree with the dog's digestive system.
Pretty much this right here. Dogs are known for doing it. My dog actually eats grass sometimes to help her puke. I think she only does it when we feed her a bit too much.