• Welcome to Pet Natter! We'd love for you to be part of our community of helpful and friendly pet lovers. Click here to register now. It's really quick and easy.

The forum is a welcoming place for everyone, whether you're a pet expert or a complete newbie. So jump right in and say hello, ask a question, or offer some advice.

We hope you enjoy being part of Pet Natter. Join now.

Round top or square?

Walkies

Reaction score
I was on another forum where people were arguing about this. I always assumed that square top cages were better because you have a clear indication of space for your bird whereas round tops ones tend to cut down on room, at least in my experience. Which is actually better?

Reaction score
I think the round top is better for birds that sit up taller. So bigger birds like African Grays and Parrots. Otherwise, the square cage is often easier to work with in terms of toys and space for them to play.

Moana

Reaction score
I think this depends on the bird and what they prefer. Some don't like round tops while others love them. I always preferred the look and ease of a square one but for smaller birds, having one with a round top would probably be more ideal. Birds like zebra finches seem to enjoy them.