Pet Mice

billylondon

Reaction score
I used to have pet mice ages ago. I got two of them after a fair we had here, otherwise they would have been snake food. Anyway, does anyone here still have mice as pets? I'm thinking about getting a small pen and a few pet mice just to see how they are as pets. I hear they can be trained quite a lot and are quite easy to take care of. Plus, my son has been asking for a mouse for months now.

JPacker

Reaction score
Pet mice are great. They're easy to take care of, clean, and train as well. My mom had a couple pet mice that she adored. She was devastated when they died, but she had a few years of time with them.

They're great alternatives to hamsters and gerbils. As well, they're really cute too! :)

Tillybobs

Reaction score
I used to have pet mice ages ago. I got two of them after a fair we had here, otherwise they would have been snake food. Anyway, does anyone here still have mice as pets? I'm thinking about getting a small pen and a few pet mice just to see how they are as pets. I hear they can be trained quite a lot and are quite easy to take care of. Plus, my son has been asking for a mouse for months now.
It usually sounds creepy for me. And the fact that i have cats, i usually don't see them lasting in my house. I usually imagine how they will be playing Tom and Jerry :)

EagleEye

Reaction score
Not a fan of keeping mice as pets, but I can understand how they may be pretty similar to Hamsters or Gerbils

billylondon

Reaction score
The stereotypes on mice is kind of overblown. They're actually fairly clean animals, the problems come from their droppings and urine, as they have weak bladders. Their feces may also have worms, so that's one thing to consider as well. But if taken care of, they're very similar to hamsters and gerbils.