• Welcome to Pet Natter! The official forum of TheGoldfishTank.com We'd love for you to be part of our community of helpful and friendly pet lovers. Click here to register now. It's really quick and easy.

The forum is a welcoming place for everyone, whether you're a pet expert or a complete newbie. So jump right in and say hello, ask a question, or offer some advice.

We hope you enjoy being part of Pet Natter. Join now.

Moving My Goldfish

ergh123

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm moving house tomorrow, and need to transport my fancy goldfish. I have bought a small 4.5L tank to put him in when transporting him (it around a 4 hour journey), and was going to put that in a cool box so its dark and the temperature remains as consistent as possible. I have already set my tank up at my new house, but I was wondering if anyone had any advice for making the move as unstressful as possible for him? Thanks!

michaelbunce

Reaction score
I think you did the right thing. But if you have to move your fish again, make sure to use a 5gallon bucket or a cooler. Or if you are not comfortable doing it, I think the best way to move a fish is to hire movers.