• Welcome to Pet Natter! The official forum of TheGoldfishTank.com We'd love for you to be part of our community of helpful and friendly pet lovers. Click here to register now. It's really quick and easy.

The forum is a welcoming place for everyone, whether you're a pet expert or a complete newbie. So jump right in and say hello, ask a question, or offer some advice.

We hope you enjoy being part of Pet Natter. Join now.

LED lighting for fish tank

JPacker

Reaction score
I am considering starting up a new fishtank, but with majority goldfish. I was always wondering, are LED lights good for goldfish? I want to pack the tank with LED lighting, and I want to combine it all over the tank, maybe even under the floor of the tank. But, I want to make sure the LED lights aren't going to bother the fish. Do LED light bother the fish?

Garfield

Reaction score
Hi @JPacker - the type of light (LED) won't do any harm to the fish at all, so the only question really is how much light you're going to have and how long you're going to leave them on for.

As long as your fish have some shaded places to hide - e.g. behind plants - if they want to, and as long as you turn the lights off at night so your fish can rest, then you should be absolutely fine!