• Welcome to Pet Natter! We'd love for you to be part of our community of helpful and friendly pet lovers. Click here to register now. It's really quick and easy.

The forum is a welcoming place for everyone, whether you're a pet expert or a complete newbie. So jump right in and say hello, ask a question, or offer some advice.

We hope you enjoy being part of Pet Natter. Join now.

Introductions

PetNatter

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Welcome to Pet Natter!

We hope you have a great time in the forum. Our aim is to make this a friendly, welcoming, fun and informative place to be. But of course, we can't do that without your help. This community will only grow and thrive if we introduce ourselves, start chatting, share ideas, help each other, and invite new members. So please, dive in and spread the word!

Why not start by posting a quick hello message here or start an introduction thread of your own? We can't wait to meet you and learn more about your pets.

Thanks for joining :)

Pet Natter

Chloe1992

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Welcome to Pet Natter!

We hope you have a great time in the forum. Our aim is to make this a friendly, welcoming, fun and informative place to be. But of course, we can't do that without your help. This community will only grow and thrive if we introduce ourselves, start chatting, share ideas, help each other, and invite new members. So please, dive in and spread the word!

Why not start by posting a quick hello message here or start an introduction thread of your own? We can't wait to meet you and learn more about your pets.

Pet Natter
Thank you for the warm welcome. And even more thanks for developing this community. It has been long overdue. This is the best and most unique community i have discovered this year.

Happy to be part of the community.

DannyBoy

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Welcome to Pet Natter!

Pet Natter
Thanks @PetNatter for this platform.
I will sure invite many friends. I can hardly county my friends who have pets. Almost all of them do. And would love to have some interractive sessions like this.

Thanks for creating this honorable community. Hoping to learn from the members in here.

Tillybobs

Reaction score
Hey. Thanks for the opportunity. This is a good platform for exchanging pet ideas.

Keep it up. We will of course grow the community together. I will invite a couple of friends over.

Woofer

Reaction score
Am excited for this forum.
Thank you Admin @PetNatter for creating this community. This will be my daily stopping point. I really would wish to get first hand experience from real pet owners.

Thanks again and looking forward to learning from you all.

JUDY-G

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm new here but can see already it looks like the group I want to be a part of. ?

PetNatter

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm new here but can see already it looks like the group I want to be a part of. ?

That's great to hear Judy! The forum is new, but we're seeing new members join every day so we're hopeful that it'll be busier and a great community very soon.

Garfield

Reaction score
That's great to hear Judy! The forum is new, but we're seeing new members join every day so we're hopeful that it'll be busier and a great community very soon.

Hi Pet Natterers! Pleased to join the forum. I actually quite like that it's new. It'll be nice when there are a few more people, but it's fun to be one of the first. Looking forward to seeing how it develops!

Reactions: AJ

AJ

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @Garfield! I'm also enjoying being on of the first ones here. It makes a change from joining forums where all the members have been there years and have thousands of posts each. I find they can be a bit hostile to newbies!

EmmaWilliam

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Welcome to Pet Natter!

Pet Natter
Hi everyone! Glad to be here

little_ghosty

Reaction score
Dear all,

I would really appreciate if you could sign and share this petition please.
My little kitten Ghost, had heart failure. She was only 7 months old. Ghost died at home with me on December 8th at 5.13am.

I took her for her vaccinations a month ago. I was unable to go sooner due to being high risk of the virus and losing function in my arm due to MRSA.

When I took her to the vet, he came out 5 minutes later and said I’m really sorry but I think your kitten has only got 5 days to live. I’ve taken her to the Royal Veterinary College. Where they confirmed my little Ghost has heart failure.

However, when I bought Ghost I actually choose a different cat. A long haired cat, who looks completely different to Ghost. But when I saw Ghost I instantly fell in love with her and even today knowing everything I know about her I wouldn’t change her as I am so thankful to her. She came to me for a reason. Although, I can’t help but think why did her owner swap the kittens over? Did he know? But regardless, this does not matter as to me she was an angel.

I have been thinking a lot recently and I’ve started a petition called Ghosts law. I want it to be a law that ALL kittens are checked by a vet before sold. Many breeders with a licence take the kittens to be checked before they are sold. However, many slip through this. By saying I have less than three litres a year or I am not making a profit. I do understand there is ‘Lucy’s Law’ however, what I am asking for is different.

Under this law, the kittens will be checked along side their mother (of course for strays where the mum is not around, this does not apply) to ensure both the kitten and mum are well. If the mum shoes signs of illness, I want it to be law that she must be neutered and not be stressed by having another litter, as this is specifically targeting backyard breeders who are making their cats have litter after litter.

Having all kittens checked before they’re sold will allow potential owners time to start the journey for their kittens such as if a heart murmur is found, which is what happened in Ghosts case. There are other things which can be found such as cat flu. All I am asking for is all kittens have an ‘MOT’ check before they are sold. Some people have said this will lead to sick kittens being abandoned. No it won’t, there are many people like me who would actively buy a sick kitten to love and look after. All it does is ensures the potential owner knows about the health of the kitten. Licensed breeders are required to do this anyway so I don’t know why backyard breeders can do this and get away with it. There will always be people who breed for money and there will always be people with a story similar to mine. At least if we make it a bit harder it might protect animals better.

I don’t know where this journey with the petition will take me. I might fail but I have to at least try to protect other kittens.

Thank you so much x x

If you want to share this post copy and paste ?

Ghost story was also in the media https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....r-heartbroken-400-gumtree-kitten-19617371.amp

Sokamix

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Welcome to Pet Natter!

Pet Natter
Hey I’m Emma from California!