• Welcome to Pet Natter! The official forum of TheHamsterHouse.com We'd love for you to be part of our community of helpful and friendly pet lovers. Click here to register now. It's really quick and easy.

The forum is a welcoming place for everyone, whether you're a pet expert or a complete newbie. So jump right in and say hello, ask a question, or offer some advice.

We hope you enjoy being part of Pet Natter. Join now.

How to bond with my hamster?

Leena123

Reaction score
I’ve had my hammy for about 6 months and I tamed him. He tolerates being held but I can tell he’d rather be left alone. Is there a way I can bond with him better and maybe get him to like being held and pet or is that something I can’t really change?

Berry

Reaction score
Honestly, it's not something you can really change. Hamsters tend not to get any enrichment from human interaction if they're provided with a good life~ When people mention "bonding" most often they are using it interchangeably with "taming" so if your ham is already tame then I think that's about it for most.

Last edited:
Reaction score
what I found helps, is if you just sit by the cage and talk, then they will get used to your voice, and you can start touching and getting him. then, slowly take him out.