• Welcome to Pet Natter! We'd love for you to be part of our community of helpful and friendly pet lovers. Click here to register now. It's really quick and easy.

The forum is a welcoming place for everyone, whether you're a pet expert or a complete newbie. So jump right in and say hello, ask a question, or offer some advice.

We hope you enjoy being part of Pet Natter. Join now.

hi can u guys tell me how to take care of leopard gecko pls

Davinugget

Reaction score
so i have a leopard gecko and i dont know how to take care of it.

can u tell me how to take care of it

StaceyJ

Reaction score
I will be honest with you, if you don't know how to take care of a leopard gecko, you probably should not have adopted it. It is always best to research things prior to adopting animals. Leopard geckos require a certain diet and heating/lighting requirements. They also should not be kept in sand substrate as this can lead to an eye infection. What do you have your gecko in right now and what are you feeding it?

Davinugget

Reaction score
im feeding my leopard gecko crickets and he is staying in a gecko cage. is that ok?

Walkies

Reaction score
Crickets are fine but you will want to dust them with a supplement. You also need to give them access to calcium at all times. Most pet stores carry reptile calcium. You shouldn't keep crickets in the tank after your gecko is done eating either as they can cause stress on your gecko and this can lead to skin issues and losing their tail.

Davinugget

Reaction score
thanks i bought the care sheet and it is coming tomorrow i hope it works thanks CatPerson