• Welcome to Pet Natter! The official forum of TheHamsterHouse.com We'd love for you to be part of our community of helpful and friendly pet lovers. Click here to register now. It's really quick and easy.

The forum is a welcoming place for everyone, whether you're a pet expert or a complete newbie. So jump right in and say hello, ask a question, or offer some advice.

We hope you enjoy being part of Pet Natter. Join now.

Help-with hamster eating bars! Again!

tess

Reaction score
Hi! It’s been a while since my last thread, where I had problems with my hamster eating bars.
It’s still happening!
I try everything, bigger wheels, chew toys, more bedding, bigger sand baths.
Nothing works.
Every night, my hamster tries to escape her cage! I don’t get it! I really need help! I’m worried for her!!

Berry

Reaction score
Hi! It’s been a while since my last thread, where I had problems with my hamster eating bars.
It’s still happening!
I try everything, bigger wheels, chew toys, more bedding, bigger sand baths.
Nothing works.
Every night, my hamster tries to escape her cage! I don’t get it! I really need help! I’m worried for her!!
I'm sorry this is a bit late to respond!!
Do you think you could maybe show a pic of your cage? We can give advice on things to maybe improve in order to add enrichment. Without seeing pics a few words of advice I can give is just to make sure you have deep bedding, more natural type items (ie cork logs, grapevine branches, moss, hay, etc.), and a few boredom breakers.

If nothing else will work, an upgrade may be needed. Female Syrians are especially picky when it comes to cage size so it's quite hard to please them.

Flashthepig

Reaction score
I am getting a Robo hamster in the next two weeks and if you guys have any tips for me then that would be great too! Thx!