• Welcome to Pet Natter! We'd love for you to be part of our community of helpful and friendly pet lovers. Click here to register now. It's really quick and easy.

The forum is a welcoming place for everyone, whether you're a pet expert or a complete newbie. So jump right in and say hello, ask a question, or offer some advice.

We hope you enjoy being part of Pet Natter. Join now.

Dogs and human food

Alex001

Reaction score
I heard that dogs should not be eating any foods humans tend to eat, as they can't digest some foods we enjoy. But, what foods should we not feed dogs? I have leftover meat all the time, and I consider giving it to my dogs. What meat is fine to give to dogs and what isn't?

Westie

Reaction score
Not 100% true, some human food can be eaten by dogs. Like chicken for example, make sure it's cooked of course. There is some food that can be given to dogs, sometimes in small amounts. I used to give my dogs carrots, small amounts of peanut butter, eggs, oatmeal, etc.

Some dogs can even drink milk, and eat cheese, but only if they're not lactose intolerant.

John.Billings

Reaction score
They can have boiled chicken , eggs but foods like onions and similar vegetables are not good for dogs.