• Welcome to Pet Natter! We'd love for you to be part of our community of helpful and friendly pet lovers. Click here to register now. It's really quick and easy.

The forum is a welcoming place for everyone, whether you're a pet expert or a complete newbie. So jump right in and say hello, ask a question, or offer some advice.

We hope you enjoy being part of Pet Natter. Join now.

Do you have pet insurance?

CatPerson

Reaction score
I have never considered getting it until this year. I had to take one of my cats in 3 times to get different testing done. It ended up costing me over $500 and while I was able to pay it just fine, I had to let a few things go (not paying 2 monthly bills). I am thinking of getting pet insurance but I don't know much about it.

Reaction score
I do not. I think it only became a thing in my area just a few years ago. I have no reason to have it but I can understand why it is a good idea for some people. I think it is better to just have a credit card for this sort of stuff. Then you just make payments without paying a premium.

lisaB

Reaction score
I did have it a few years ago but for what I was paying, I was being ripped off. If you are going to get any kind of pet insurance, go through a bigger company like Geico. I know they have pet coverage rates that are reasonable.

Newbee

Reaction score
I do not. I think it only became a thing in my area just a few years ago. I have no reason to have it but I can understand why it is a good idea for some people. I think it is better to just have a credit card for this sort of stuff. Then you just make payments without paying a premium.
This is what I do. I have a card that is for emergencies dealing with my car, pets, or other issues. It has a pretty high limit as well so I don't need to worry about needing coverage for anything. I get that some insurance covers the cost of the bill but it doesn't seem like most pet insurance does.

chintumiya

Reaction score
I don't need to insure my pet they make a fool because if your pet dead then what should they do