• Welcome to Pet Natter! We'd love for you to be part of our community of helpful and friendly pet lovers. Click here to register now. It's really quick and easy.

The forum is a welcoming place for everyone, whether you're a pet expert or a complete newbie. So jump right in and say hello, ask a question, or offer some advice.

We hope you enjoy being part of Pet Natter. Join now.

Do you ever cage your dogs?

Joggergirl

Reaction score
I used to cage my dogs when I first became a dog parent. Thankfully I no long put my dogs in any cages. Do you ever put your dogs in a cage? Maybe a small kennel or something along those lines. i used to, but we stopped because I felt like it wasn't really needed. It was more for potty training means, and I think it worked for the most part.

Do you think having a kennel or dog cage is fine? I wouldn't put a dog in one for too long though.

Berry

Reaction score
We used to kennel our dog when we left the house, but only with the first few weeks of having her as we didn't know if she was going to chew or pee on anything. We since stopped doing it, and she was perfectly fine :)

I would say yes it's okay to have it for certain situations, but I would never leave a dog locked up in a kennel for hours and hours on end.

h0rsey91

Reaction score
Yeah, as long as they're not in there for hours on end, or even a day or longer, it should be fine. I too used kennels when my dogs were younger, as they were known to pee around the house, and we had to curb that right away. But other than that, we only used kennels if we were are a friends house and had to bring our dogs along.