Do rabbits live for a long time?

Elsie

Reaction score
A friend of mine had a pet rabbit named Randy for what felt like for many years. I think he ended up living until the age of 13 or so. So he lived a long time. Do rabbits usually live for a long time if they're taken care of properly? I've always considered getting a rabbit as a pet, but I don't know if it's a pet for me.

JPacker

Reaction score
I'd say their lifespan is close to that of a house cat, but a little less. I'd say around 12-14 years or so, give or take. You might get lucky and get 15 or 16 years though.

Reaction score
This depends on breed and care but they will live 8 to 14 years. Interestingly enough, they only live to about 4 years in the wild. I just learned both these things from my roommate who is looking to adopt a rabbit. She is doing all her research first!

Willy_Meow

Reaction score
They can live upto 15 years which isn't bad when it comes to lifespan.

Amy

Reaction score
Most domestic rabbits can easily live to be 8 years old, and many can live for up to 12 years. Unlike wild rabbits, who face constant stress and predators, domestic rabbits have regular access to food and safe places to hide. Rabbit breeds and lifespan. ... Just like with dogs, each has a different lifespan. Check out this amazing and genuine site, I'm damn sure you will love this.