• Welcome to Pet Natter! We'd love for you to be part of our community of helpful and friendly pet lovers. Click here to register now. It's really quick and easy.

The forum is a welcoming place for everyone, whether you're a pet expert or a complete newbie. So jump right in and say hello, ask a question, or offer some advice.

We hope you enjoy being part of Pet Natter. Join now.

Can you have a geckos and frogs together?

Alex001

Reaction score
I would love to have a few frogs and some gecko's in the same setting together. Is it safe to have them together, or do they fight at all? I don't want to include them together if they potentially can hurt each other. But I'd love to be able to have them in one aquarium together.

Westie

Reaction score
It's probably not a great idea to pair two different species together. It'd be a different story if you have experience with both pets, but I wouldn't mix them together if you're new to this. So yeah, I wouldn't put them together unless there was a way to make sure they don't go near each other. So maybe section them off from each other, have their own spots in the aquarium.

Willy_Meow

Reaction score
Well not in a same container so you don't see you frog gone the other morning.

SJJ

Reaction score
Some can be in the same tank but it would have to be pretty large and mixing these kinds of species is only a good idea for those who have years of experience with keeping both. One of the biggest reasons why it is not considered a good idea is because of diet needs and temperature needs. They can very well end up fighting over food as well as areas of the tank.