• Welcome to Pet Natter! We'd love for you to be part of our community of helpful and friendly pet lovers. Click here to register now. It's really quick and easy.

The forum is a welcoming place for everyone, whether you're a pet expert or a complete newbie. So jump right in and say hello, ask a question, or offer some advice.

We hope you enjoy being part of Pet Natter. Join now.

Are budgies typically quiet?

Jacob

Reaction score
I know a bird is going to be noisy but in comparison to other types, are budgies quiet?

I would love to get one for my new space. I am limited to the kinds of animals I can have here and since there are no dogs, cats, or rabbits allowed, the next best option for an interactive and affectionate pet would be a bird. I just don't want to adopt something that is very loud and will make my neighbors angry.

jessicab

Reaction score
hey ? my brother used to have a pet budgie. It was pretty quite most of the time and it went to sleep at night so it wasnt noisy then when i kno other birds can be

Woofer

Reaction score
Budgies are usually quiet compared to other birds. But it all depends on how you keep it. They don't like being caged for long. They will make noise if they are restrained for long.

They also tend to be quiet when in the presence of strangers or when eating.

Tillybobs

Reaction score
Depends with what level of noise you consider "noisy" but generally budgies are not noise makers. They will only make some noise when they need something or are in distress.

Jacob

Reaction score
I didn't even consider doves and I know someone from work who has a pair of them. I am going to ask a bit more about them. Thanks for the feedback everyone on the budgies!