• Welcome to Pet Natter! We'd love for you to be part of our community of helpful and friendly pet lovers. Click here to register now. It's really quick and easy.

The forum is a welcoming place for everyone, whether you're a pet expert or a complete newbie. So jump right in and say hello, ask a question, or offer some advice.

We hope you enjoy being part of Pet Natter. Join now.

Anyone know a place where i can get cats who aren't afraid of dogs?

Pickle Porcupine

Reaction score
hi! as you (probably don't) know, I LOVEEE my doggies. But... I also like cats just as much. we have 2 puppies at the moment, (one we are fostering) who are good with other animals, such as cats. we want to get some cute kittens, as we have had 2 in the past, but we looked through 2 different PetSmarts and Petcos and a couple of shelters around us, but none of them fit our needs/ wants.

My needs/ wants:
Little- under the age of 2
Cute-obviously
and Playful-we had a cat who was fat and sat on a mat :) lol but really thought, and she passed at the age of 13 due to how big she was getting, as she wasn't playful a/or energetic.

Berry

Reaction score
Hello!
Honestly, the best place to look would just be around shelters and rescues near you. I would discourage buying from a breeder for more ethical reasons, though if for some reason you really really need that cat it could be a last option. Your local rescues and shelters should be able to tell you what you need to know about each cat. (age, temperment, etc.)

Pickle Porcupine

Reaction score
Hello!
Honestly, the best place to look would just be around shelters and rescues near you. I would discourage buying from a breeder for more ethical reasons, though if for some reason you really really need that cat it could be a last option. Your local rescues and shelters should be able to tell you what you need to know about each cat. (age, temperment, etc.)
ya, that is what we are trying to do. thx for the tip!

Pickle Porcupine

Reaction score
Hi All! we found a shelter that has 2 siamese kittens who aren't afraid of our dogs. we did a meet and greet in a room, and brought the dogs. they seemed to be fine, and the cats barely paid attention to them. we hope to be adopting them soon!

Berry

Reaction score
Hi All! we found a shelter that has 2 siamese kittens who aren't afraid of our dogs. we did a meet and greet in a room, and brought the dogs. they seemed to be fine, and the cats barely paid attention to them. we hope to be adopting them soon!
That's awesome! Update us if you adopt them :)