• Welcome to Pet Natter! The official forum of TheGoldfishTank.com We'd love for you to be part of our community of helpful and friendly pet lovers. Click here to register now. It's really quick and easy.

The forum is a welcoming place for everyone, whether you're a pet expert or a complete newbie. So jump right in and say hello, ask a question, or offer some advice.

We hope you enjoy being part of Pet Natter. Join now.

Anyone have success with treating swim bladder?

Jacob

Reaction score
I suspect that one of my fish has this. He is having trouble swimming and seems to be a bit lopsided. I have had a fish (beta) that had this before and was not able to save him. He ended up dying from it. I am not sure what my first steps should be.

AJ

Reaction score
Same here. I think swim bladder problems are one of those things that you need to avoid, rather than treat, sadly. It is possible to cure mild swim bladder issues, but it's not easy. :(

John Alce

Reaction score
Unfortunately there isn't much you can do about this disease as for me I lost two of my fish because I din't know what to do but I actually save one betta recently., I think it was in May, through following an online guide.

I removed the accumulated fluid by giving some antibiotics, as this method was quick. Secondly, I tried not to feed the fish for few days to remove the excess air. https://aboutfishtank.com/how-to-cure-swim-bladder-disease/ they have more remedies listed here but these two actually worked for me.