• Welcome to Pet Natter! We'd love for you to be part of our community of helpful and friendly pet lovers. Click here to register now. It's really quick and easy.

The forum is a welcoming place for everyone, whether you're a pet expert or a complete newbie. So jump right in and say hello, ask a question, or offer some advice.

We hope you enjoy being part of Pet Natter. Join now.

20gal Pets!

Berry

Reaction score
Soo I was planning for mice to be my next pets, but unfortunately, it won't work out now :/

I'm planning on giving my friend my 40gal terrarium in exchange for the 20gal she has for her pet currently. Sooo, what are some 20gal pet ideas?

A couple of things to address:
I understand that EVERY pet will cost money
I am willing to provide vet care
I will NOT get any of these suggested pets until I am comfortable with the research I have done, these are just a few ideas to research further in-depth.

Requirements:
Space, this pet needs to live comfortably in a 20gallon it's whole life, I would rather it not be a 'minimum' for the pet, but something they will be happy in.
Handleability, I would prefer if I could handle this pet.
Diurnal, I would prefer if this pet was awake during the day rather than the night.
Costs, I would prefer a pet that is generally inexpensive to keep. I understand it will cost money but in general inexpensive.

Note: I am willing to go outside of the requirements listed above, but I thought I would add them just in case there is a pet as such.